Certified Organic Soil Builder from Byron Seeds is a mixture of KB Royal Annual Ryegrass, Crimson Clover, Hairy Vetch and Nitro Radishes. This versatile mix will scavenge nutrients, fix Nitrogen and establish quickly to combat weeds. No matter why you plant a cover crop, Soil Builder deserves consideration.
- The fibrous roots of the ryegrass penetrate compacted soil and efficiently recycle nutrients
- Nitro radish establishes quickly to shade out weeds and the large root breaks up hardpans
- Crimson Clover blooms relatively early and fixes Nitrogen early in the spring
- Hairy Vetch has the potential to fix more N than any other cover crop legume, but it needs to grow as long as possible into the spring for maximum fixation
- Soil Builder is very versatile and reasonably priced on a per acre basis.
Seed Organic Soil Builder seed at 18-25 lbs/acre. Drill up to 1/2″ deep. Satisfactory results can be obtained by flying the mix on if the seeding rate is increased
Certified organic Soil Builder has to be sprayed or moldboard plowed in the spring before planting the cash crop. This versatile mix can be terminated early and still contribute a good amount of Nitrogen due to the crimson clover. However, if the cropping schedule permits, letting this mix grow until the purple blooms of the hairy vetch can be seen will result in significantly higher nitrogen fixation. If this mix is planted after mid August, the radishes are not likely to perform to their potential, but other species in the mix would still give tremendous benefits if planted a bit late.
Organic Soil Builder seeds are grown by certified organic growers that adhere to the strict organic practices required by the Organic Food Production Act of 1990. No chemical fertilizer, pesticides, insecticides, fungicides, or herbicides are allowed in the production of this seed. Genetic purity is maintained throughout the production, processing, and packaging of this seed.
Organic certificate available for Soil Builder upon request.
Tags: Builder, Byron Seeds, Seeds, Soil, Soil Builder Byron