N-Cite cover crop is a warm-season mix designed for nitrogen production and recycling. Has some grazing potential. N-Cite is a good cover crop to plant after small grains are harvested. This cover crop will winter kill. N-Cite consist of 8 products:
Cowpeas, Spring peas, Lifago buckwheat, Millet, Sunn Hemp, Nitro radish, Sunflower, Abyssinian cabbage
Six way to profit with cover crops:
- Keep your precious topsoil. It will help protect your soil from erosion.
- Protect your biggest investment your soil. Some bare soils can reach 140 degrees F on hot summer days. This is hot enough to kill vital soil organisms and stress the crop from both heat and excessive soil moisture evaporation. The residue of a cover crop can protect the soil while cash crops are getting established.
- Reduce soil compaction and improve you soil structure.
- Soak up summer rains.
- Save time and money on fertilizers.
- Improve soil health through biodiversity. Adding a few different cover crop species to an overall crop rotation, such as cereal rye before soybeans and oats, radishes or crimson clover before corn-improves diversity. Cover crops also suppress unwanted weeds.
- N-Cite can fix up to 100 units of nitrogen.
Tags: Cover Crop, N-Cite