Bio-D is a new 16-way cover crop mix by Bryon Seeds. Excellent for warm-season nutrient cycling and nitrogen fixation. Excellent for grazing or forage. You will also meet the many benefits of a cover crop: Subsoil aerator, weed suppressor, nematode and disease fighter, nitrogen fixation, build soil, just to name a few of cover crop benefits. 16-Way Cover Crop Mix consist of:
Millet, Braco mustare, Redbone cabbage, Cowpeas, Sunn hemp, Forage sorghum, Flaxseed, Spring pea, Black oat, Sunflower, Phacelia, Berseem clover, Persian clover, Lifago buckwheat, T-raptor rape, Nitro radish
Six ways to profit with cover crops:
- Keep your precious topsoil. It will help protect your soil from erosion.
- Protect your biggest investment your soil. Some bare soils can reach 140 degrees F on hot summer days. This is hot enough to kill vital soil organisms and stress the crop from both heat and excessive soil moisture evaporation. The residue of a cover crop can protect the soil while cash crops are getting established.
- Reduce soil compaction and improve your soil structure.
- Soak up summer rains.
- Save time and money on fertilizers.
- Improve soil health through biodiversity. Adding a few different cover crop species to an overall crop rotation, such as cereal rye before soybeans and oats, radishes or crimson clover before corn- improves diversity. Cover crops also suppress unwanted weeds.
Tags: Bio-D, Cover Crop