The ultimate late season hunting plot.
ULTRA FORAGE contains the Hybrid Forage Brassica variety T-Raptor, Clover and Chicory. This mixture combines a New Zealand brassica with Clover and Chicory for a plot that starts attracting and feeding deer before the frost. T-Raptor establishes quickly and starts attracting deer quicker than other less palatable brassicas, rape or kale. Plus, it produces a bulb that deer will readily dig up for late season energy. T-Raptor has been University tested and is proven to be significantly higher in production than other brassica plants. The annual clovers in Ultra Forage establish quickly and are very palatable to deer providing them with a significant source of protein and early season attraction. The Chicory is a good companion crop and will provide spring nutrition after the T-Raptor has been consumed. For better establishment the Clovers and Chicory are coated with our proprietary Yellow Jacket seed coating containing Zeba. Ultra Forage grows well and is widely used in zone 3, however, it is ideal in zones 1 & 2.
ULTRA FORAGE™ & ULTRA FORAGE STANDSIDE
- Extremely fast initial growth
- Ideal for small, high-use plots
- Hybrid turnip offers forage and bulbs
- Follows up with chicory and clover into spring
- Peak attraction during hunting season
- Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to create a clean, level and firm seedbed.
- Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 6.5 and fertilizing with a balanced 13-13-13 fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre.
- No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 9 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by dragging or cultipacking. Plant 1/8 to ¼ inch deep in good moisture. Avoid planting too deep, disking to cover is NOT recommended.
- Ultra Forage can be planted in Spring in Northern Zones although some plants may peak before fall. Mow spring plots to about 8 inches tall in late summer and fertilize in late August or early September.
Seed Content: T-Raptor Hybrid Brassica, Clover, Chicory
Planting Time: All Zones: Fall
Zone 1 & 2: Spring
Planting Depth: 1/8 to ¼ inch
Tags: Barenbrug Seeds, Forage, Mix, Seeds, Ultra, Ultra Forage Mix Barenbrug